Just when I was about to give up on the doctors office calling the phone finally rang. It was Christy, and my level is @ 48. Not only am I a slow riser, but I am also a slow decender too. We were hoping for less than 5 so that I could start my Nuva Ring on Sunday. Yet with the level being 48, there is just no way. This has completely ruined my plans.
See, I finally decided today why I didn’t want to try again. It isn’t because I am afraid of another miscarriage. No, its not that at all. Its because of how this who situation was handled. So I put together a plan. Since the lab tech was confident that given HCG’s half life was 48 hours even on the down side we were sure that I would be below 5 today. Thus began my plan.
I called the Baby Factory today and got some information. The IVF coordinator was very helpful. Since I became pregnant with ovarian stimulation only she felt that I would become pregnant again without much assistance. She also informed me that they do not have a “monthly maitenance fee” which Dr. T’s office does. Again here, you deal mostly with PA’s and nurses, but I am learning that this is the case everywhere. So I figured out some numbers and then called back.
My level was to be at 0 today. So I was going to start the Ring. I would then give Dr. T’s office one more chance. Ovulation would possibly be on Fathers Day. AF then would be due around the 29th. If she showed, all the better because my appointment with the abby factory is at 9 a.m. on July 2nd or cycle day 3. Perfect. Yet now, since I am still at 48, there is no way. I will be in the 2 ww during that consultation, and that just won’t work. I wanted to be either CD 3, or I wanted to be able to cancel the appointment because I was pregnant again.
Why can’t anything about this be simple? Oh well, back to the drawing board. I guess I will call them next Friday or maybe the following Monday…by then I will know what my numbers will be, and then I can confidently make an appointment. Yeah right. Who am I kidding?